Creating an account on VALR
To send your money/ZAR to your VALR account:
- Sign in to your VALR account.
- Click on “Deposit ZAR” on your Wallets page.
- Select the bank you will make a deposit from.
- You will be shown VALR’s banking details (this is where you will need to send your ZAR). You will also be shown your unique reference number that you must use as your payment reference.
- Sign in to your South African bank account.
- Make a payment using the bank account details in step 4 above with the amount that you wish to fund your VALR account.
- Do not forget to use the exact reference number that you are shown in step 4 above as the beneficiary reference when making payment from your South African bank account. You may save VALR as one of your bank’s beneficiaries for future deposits.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your funds to reflect in your VALR account. This delay is due to the time it takes the South African banking system to process your payment.
Buying Crypto (ETH) with VALR
After your ZAR has successfully been deposited into your VALR account, you may follow these steps:
- Click on Explore markets
- Click on buy or sell for the cryptocurrency you wish to trade. In this case, it will be ETH (etherium)
- Enter the amount of South African Rand (or other cryptocurrency) you wish to spend
- Click review buy/sell
- Click confirm buy/sell
There you have it! You have successfully purchased your very first crypto currency.